A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm looking to try some new food at Roskilde. I usually og back to the same couple of Places. mainly kristinedal for meat and gringo for "a light snack" aka nachos w chicken.
i understand that the ski burger is quite popular but i dont want any Mayo/remulade/dressing on my food.
what should i try this year?
do any of you know why gringo cut out the banana daquiri? they had it when they were located up at the skate ramp in 2004? or wasnt that gringo bar?
I increasingly go to the food court, and treat my body to something delicious. Just outside the court is also Boutique Fisk, which I've been enjoying, as I think it is good value for money and quality (if you like fish).

Besides that I've enjoyed the Paella at the green area between Orange and Avalon.

Looking forward to hear other peoples favourites :)
I think Hjalte's Potatoes are very good. But normally there are dressing on it. But the vegetableshas it's own "juice", so you can ask for 1 without dressing.

Their toast with spicy butter is a very good snack.

Otherwise I normally try out some of the rice dishes. You find them left of Orange (when you are fronting Orange).

I think the Skiburger is overrated, just a normal/borring burger.

On the camping area: If you are standing near Apollo, you should be able to see "Brazilian". They sell a very good rice and meet dish with salad. As I remember it's not just good, but also cheap (45- 50 DKR)
jonathansoegaard wrote: I increasingly go to the food court, and treat my body to something delicious. Just outside the court is also Boutique Fisk, which I've been enjoying, as I think it is good value for money and quality (if you like fish).

Besides that I've enjoyed the Paella at the green area between Orange and Avalon.

Looking forward to hear other peoples favourites :)

Yeps, of course food court. Last year I had a sandwich with beef and horseraddich sauce, perfect.
That Brazilian´s rice and chicken dish is very good for it´s price indeed.
Thanks. Will check out brazilian. Is that the giant green jesus? Food court is usually packed when i'm there so i'll try a time not right after an orange or green stage concert
Yes, just follow Jesus.
Brazil is the best place.

I also have fond memories from Mor Tove :D

I don't think that Skiburger is as good as its rumour and that if you want a burger then go to Kathrinedal at Arena instead.
Normally as a solo traveler , the day after any day at RF, I have a quick swim and a can or 2 if necessary and head up to the town itself , and get my first meal of the day from kwiki mart, and chill around the town for a hour or two , labels mean nothing, Always makes for a good meal if it looks good buy it .
bongo-anders wrote: Brazil is the best place.

I also have fond memories from Mor Tove :D

I don't think that Skiburger is as good as its rumour and that if you want a burger then go to Kathrinedal at Arena instead.

Katrinedal, great burgers. But also Dixie Burgers are very good.
if you are into pasta, I think the Bolognese from "Italian" between Orange and Arena is pretty good. They also have great snacks in forms of garlic bread.
I have come to love DØP (Den økologiske pølsemand) where two kinds of organic hotdogs are served with ridiculously delicious toppings! Go for the one that isnt pork, some years it has been goat, others beef.

I think there are two of them. One located right in front Arena, but dont reminder where the other is.
Ladefar wrote: I have come to love DØP (Den økologiske pølsemand) where two kinds of organic hotdogs are served with ridiculously delicious toppings! Go for the one that isnt pork, some years it has been goat, others beef.

I think there are two of them. One located right in front Arena, but dont reminder where the other is.

There's also one at the skater area
Earlier in this thread I mentioned the Dixie Burger, as a good burger.

This was also a subject in 2011 - see under Past Experiences - The Dixie Burger: recipe?
Is DØP the same that was at Odeon.
16 posts Page 1 of 2