Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
107 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Noer wrote: Alter Bridge, just watched them live-streamed from RaR, sounded very good,

They will play copenhell so no
They do play a gig in Germany in between. Could that not count in this strange gentlemen-like agreement?
Noer wrote: They do play a gig in Germany in between. Could that not count in this strange gentlemen-like agreement?

It is not a gentlemen agreement. When Roskilde, Copenhell ect. make contracts with the band internationale bands it says that they are not allowed to play other danish festival. Sure there are a few times it have been then I am sure it have been in the contract from the start. And I dont thing Roskilde would want to owe copenhell a big one for getting a non-headliner
And a none headliner it would be
ppholst wrote: And a none headliner it would be

True, true. And of course RF will eventually come up with something big, extraordinary, surprising.
Coldblooded wrote: Beatsteaks would at least be able to pull off a solid Arena gig. They've done so before. And the genre isn't entirely off.

They don't have any gigs for the foreseeable future though, so they'd be a fly-in (they're Berlin-based, so that shouldn't be a biggie), but if I were in Roskilde's shoes, I'd be looking at something a little bigger.

Sum 41 has been ruled out btw. – saw a FB-convo between Aleg-One and the booker. He tried.

Who tried? Aleg or the booker?
Helbob wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: Beatsteaks would at least be able to pull off a solid Arena gig. They've done so before. And the genre isn't entirely off.

They don't have any gigs for the foreseeable future though, so they'd be a fly-in (they're Berlin-based, so that shouldn't be a biggie), but if I were in Roskilde's shoes, I'd be looking at something a little bigger.

Sum 41 has been ruled out btw. – saw a FB-convo between Aleg-One and the booker. He tried.

Who tried? Aleg or the booker?

The booker.
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Noer wrote: They do play a gig in Germany in between. Could that not count in this strange gentlemen-like agreement?

It is not a gentlemen agreement. When Roskilde, Copenhell ect. make contracts with the band internationale bands it says that they are not allowed to play other danish festival. Sure there are a few times it have been then I am sure it have been in the contract from the start. And I dont thing Roskilde would want to owe copenhell a big one for getting a non-headliner

Do this apply to the Haven festival in Cph in August aswell? A few bands there I would be extatic to see.. (Bon Iver/Band of horses)
Atari Teenage Riot maby?
Thor_TestPilot wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:

Do this apply to the Haven festival in Cph in August aswell? A few bands there I would be extatic to see.. (Bon Iver/Band of horses)

All major festivals in the northern parts of Europe employ these tactics, so forget about Bon Iver or Band of Horses. They're playing Haven and that's it in Denmark. Sometimes the festivals even nab Scandinavia-wide exclusive contracts.
Can we rule Damon Albarn out, :lol:
Damon Albarn is out, hopefully.
So Hellacopters it is... Great new for me. Didn´t care about Blink at all, but now there´s something to see instead. Happy, happy...
It is so fucking lame
Great replacement for me. Didn't care about Blink 182, but Hellacopters is must see.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
107 posts Page 6 of 8