Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
107 posts Page 7 of 8
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Don't know Hellacopters. But Weyes Blood cancelled and Tim Darcy is in!! So fucking good. He's the front man in Ought (who played 1 or two years ago). Must see right there.
MFC wrote: Great replacement for me. Didn't care about Blink 182, but Hellacopters is must see.


So let take a band you want to see and find a band in a diffrent genre that you dont want and lets call it great. It is lame and shity work of roskilde
jonasporsborg wrote: Don't know Hellacopters. But Weyes Blood cancelled and Tim Darcy is in!! So fucking good. He's the front man in Ought (who played 1 or two years ago). Must see right there.

I love Ought but haven't really been able to get into his solo stuff yet. I haven't listened to it more than a few times, mind.
With Blink 182 and A Tribe Called Quest cancelled and the fact that I only know about 10 people scattered in different camps at Roskilde this year, I've decided not to go. Breaks my heart and all, but I hope for a programme more to my friends taste next year, so we can make a good camp, have some great parties and see some awesome shows. Money gonna go to a hiking trip at the Faroe Islands instead. I'm sure that's gonna be an experience to remember too.
Maagen wrote:
jonasporsborg wrote: Don't know Hellacopters. But Weyes Blood cancelled and Tim Darcy is in!! So fucking good. He's the front man in Ought (who played 1 or two years ago). Must see right there.

I love Ought but haven't really been able to get into his solo stuff yet. I haven't listened to it more than a few times, mind.


If you love Ought, then you should check Tim Darcy out. Not that it's completely Ought-like with just him + band, but you can surely hear some references.

And he will play Gloria at 00.30 thursday. For me this is an ideal time for him. Gonna be a fucking blast.
Not overwhelmed or disappointed with The Hellacopters on the line up, prefer them to Blink 182 so overall not a bad outcome personally
The sheer amount of whining on Facebook over this... sheesh.
Coldblooded wrote: The sheer amount of whining on Facebook over this... sheesh.


It is not whining it is telling the bookers that they did a shitty job, and then did, so it is fine to let them know. They got lazy and fucked up
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: The sheer amount of whining on Facebook over this... sheesh.


It is not whining it is telling the bookers that they did a shitty job, and then did, so it is fine to let them know. They got lazy and fucked up

The attitude in general on facebook about the replacement is not one of constructive, informed and well-rounded criticism but rather of childish, entitled whining and pointless venting of frustrations that should've been directed at Blink-182, not the bookers, nor Hellacopters. If you want to tell them they did a bad job, cool, that's fair enough, but if you're not being constructive about it, don't expect the bookers to listen either.

I'm sure there are perfectly good reasons why the rebooking didn't result in the band(s) you wished for. Most, if not all of the bands people are moaning about in that thread aren't really available and can be ruled out easily. NOFX or Danzig might have been possible, but there are probably calculations outside of our knowledge that makes them non-options. You know Stefan (somewhat) – why not just ask him up front if they were ever on the table?

I'm not saying that the bookers are almighty, all-knowing and great and that Hellacopters is some sort of godsend, but when people are actively suggesting Nickelback, Green Day and the like as replacements, they aren't using their brain cells, that's for sure...
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: The sheer amount of whining on Facebook over this... sheesh.


It is not whining it is telling the bookers that they did a shitty job, and then did, so it is fine to let them know. They got lazy and fucked up


We have no idea what was actually possible in the given situation. Blink are the big idiots in all this. No doubt it is an easy solution to get a Scandinavian band, but I suspect Roskilde feels that as well, but were left very little choice. Maybe they should have taken a big danish band instead - they at least have a big fan base, who would be happy :)

Roskilde got very lucky, that they had only billed them as a sub-headliner this year!
Lord Beef Jerky wrote: With Blink 182 and A Tribe Called Quest cancelled and the fact that I only know about 10 people scattered in different camps at Roskilde this year, I've decided not to go. Breaks my heart and all, but I hope for a programme more to my friends taste next year, so we can make a good camp, have some great parties and see some awesome shows. Money gonna go to a hiking trip at the Faroe Islands instead. I'm sure that's gonna be an experience to remember too.


Have a nice journey, you might look up this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsl-KHGe4Kk
see you next year.
I`m looking forward to Hellacopters.
As you get older the perspective of time speeds up due to how many years you have spent on the planet , If you feel this is the right time to hit the Faroe Islands ,( now is the right time,) R.F . and all its supporters, and naysayers, will give you a thousand, reasons not to go .. ,
Now is the time! Nice clip btw. There's a festival throughout the summer on the islands, so hopefully I will experience something similar to that.
Best replacement ever!
Blink 182 are in my opinon rubbish and Hellacopters one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever so i'm satisfied.
I am also very disappointed, but Roskilde said that they tried to book SUM 41. That would have been a fine replacement. And i am sure that they must have tried to book a lot of other names before the hellacopters.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
107 posts Page 7 of 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests