A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
56 posts Page 2 of 4
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
ppholst wrote: The 13th. of June, and still not sold out.

Roskilde still needs volenteers. I have seen Roskilde advertising for free tickets to Roskilde Vagt (guards).

I don't think Roskilde will be sold out this year, it's not good for the rumor :(


Roskilde is 100% sure not advertising with the word free tickets. They do all they can to stop organisation to not use it (there is a big diffrent on what Roskilde needs and what the organisations working needs). And I am 99,9% sure they will sell out (of part out, 1 day tickets dunno) even want to bet on it if so :-)


9 days left Martin, and still tickets on sale. I do not hope I win this bet ;)
I think the linup is too weak this year, esp. in the rock and metal sector, so that some thousend people are missing. There are a lot of other festivals at the same time which have a better linup in this sector or are cheaper. So if you just come for the music and love rock music you dont go to roskilde this year. They had the chance to change that with the canccelation of Blink but missed that.
robo wrote: I think the linup is too weak this year, esp. in the rock and metal sector, so that some thousend people are missing. There are a lot of other festivals at the same time which have a better linup in this sector or are cheaper. So if you just come for the music and love rock music you dont go to roskilde this year. They had the chance to change that with the canccelation of Blink but missed that.


I do not agree at all. I come for the music, and love metal and rock.

There is more than enough good concerts to attend (you can find the details in the thread "Lineup & Artists".

One of the disussions in that thread goes on how Roskilde goers, since forever have said what you are saying. The funny/good conclusion is, that if you go 3-6 back in the lineup, you will say "how did Roskilde manage to make such a great lineup at that time? This year it sucks!"

If you look at the "competitors" Tinderbox, Northside, Smukfest, Jelling I don't see any one them being even close to Roskilde regarding the lineup.

Of course Copenhell has a better Metal lineup, otherwise they should change their name (or close down).
Yeah, you might be right. For myself I come for the party und I am interested to see new things, so it is not my argument. But in my perception there are some festivalgoers who just look at the headliners and then decide to go or not to go. And for them, if they love rock, there are only the foos. So I think some of this guys might be missing this year. But nevertheless we will have a great party.
robo wrote: Yeah, you might be right. For myself I come for the party und I am interested to see new things, so it is not my argument. But in my perception there are some festivalgoers who just look at the headliners and then decide to go or not to go. And for them, if they love rock, there are only the foos. So I think some of this guys might be missing this year. But nevertheless we will have a great party.


First of all, yep we will have a great party.

I think that the festivalgoers who only looks at the headliners, and determins from that, whether it's a good or bad lineup, are looking at the wrong festival.
Roskilde once opened my eyes to a lot of kinds of music. I´ve never looked back since. Maybe we don´t have the world´s best rock line-up, but we do have it all. Interesting bands in all genres. In my experience it´s best to have an open mind and just go see everything, it really is worth it.

Strange that you think Blink is more rock than Hellacopters...? Maybe it´s a generation thing.
Wallu wrote: Roskilde once opened my eyes to a lot of kinds of music. I´ve never looked back since. Maybe we don´t have the world´s best rock line-up, but we do have it all. Interesting bands in all genres. In my experience it´s best to have an open mind and just go see everything, it really is worth it.

Strange that you think Blink is more rock than Hellacopters...? Maybe it´s a generation thing.


Blink is not more rock then Hellacopters, but Blink where a major name (much bitter then Roskilde will accept that they are), the problem is Hellacopters sells 0 tickets Blink sold a lot, and if Roskilde had gotten a name in the same size as Blink they could have sold extra tickets on that front. I think that is the point, that also ticket wie Hellacopters where a shitty booking
I don't write about my opinion to the festival but about the reason the festival is not sold out until now. The reason is that some people are missing.... . And I did not write that Blink are better or worse then the hellacopters. They are a bigger name and it would have been a chance to get an even bigger name instead of blink to sell the rest of the tickets.
Robo, I think you are right. Normally I am an avid Roskilde-evangelist. I dig deep in the programme and try to turn every stone, watch live performances, go beyond the five top spotify-favorites etc. (exept with the most obvious self-absorbed auto-tuned rappers - they get the knife from the get-go). Every year I find someting - old and new - that I and often also people I introduce it to, just know is going to be amazing. This year it has been very hard to dig out these nuggets - not to mention "selling them" to fellow potential Roskilde-goers. Most of it just doesnt sound like live-experiences you would otherwise pay to see! I sense an overall "meh"-feeling among many already holding a ticket, and so I guess, very likely also among the ones still in doubt.

Around 450 tickets are selling below original price on dba atm. 1400 is lowest price - and thats been up for a couple of days.

So I fear that 17 will not sell out, which is bad for the festival on so many levels, and annoying to me, because I have a spare ticket to lose a bunch of money on... Maybe it will chance as soon as the campsite opens. I hope so!

I dont believe the Blink/Hellacopters-controversy has much to do with this. Though if ONE band can make that difference, your problem is the immediate quality of the rest of the package - not that one band cancelling.

At least perhaps there is a lesson for next year then. Dont leave the candybag open with Copenhell still in the room.
I think there is an element of luck/chance involved as well - sometimes it's just plain bad luck that band's tour schedules don't fit, that bands aren't touring or that for whatever reason artists prefer another venue, break an arm, etc.

In the end it means that every once in a while the lineup is a little less strong.

My guess would be that the development of ticket sales now strongly depends on the weather. Guess we'll find out soon!
I think there may be more Pop and R&B this year. Still quite a lot metal and real heavy stuff. But less (how to say?) medium heavy stuff ("indie rock"?). But, lucky me, I like Hip Hop and Trap and there are quite a few street-credible acts in that respect, not only auto tune acts ;-)
Also: Many interesting electronic acts.

Like some others I would have liked some bigger name than Hellacopters as replacement for Blink. But: I'm sure the bookers still put a lot of care into their job and there are reasons for their choices. One may be: They book what they expect the current audience will like. Had they booked like in earlier years, even less tickets may be sold by now.

Also: With adding the gravel pit space while not reducing other areas the festival offers us much more space. Leading to more costs when at the same time the bigger acts cost more and more because they can financially only rely on their concerts.
Axel wrote: I think there may be more Pop and R&B this year. Still quite a lot metal and real heavy stuff. But less (how to say?) medium heavy stuff ("indie rock"?). But, lucky me, I like Hip Hop and Trap and there are quite a few street-credible acts in that respect, not only auto tune acts ;-)
Also: Many interesting electronic acts.

Like some others I would have liked some bigger name than Hellacopters as replacement for Blink. But: I'm sure the bookers still put a lot of care into their job and there are reasons for their choices. One may be: They book what they expect the current audience will like. Had they booked like in earlier years, even less tickets may be sold by now.

Also: With adding the gravel pit space while not reducing other areas the festival offers us much more space. Leading to more costs when at the same time the bigger acts cost more and more because they can financially only rely on their concerts.


I don´t think there´s going to be that much extra cost from a bigger camping area since there are more tickets sold with extra price (get a camp, get a place etc.).

But the cost of the acts are rising each year and even though the names aren´t quite as big as in some previous years, they still cost big money.
HandsDown wrote: Robo, I think you are right. Normally I am an avid Roskilde-evangelist. I dig deep in the programme and try to turn every stone, watch live performances, go beyond the five top spotify-favorites etc. (exept with the most obvious self-absorbed auto-tuned rappers - they get the knife from the get-go). Every year I find someting - old and new - that I and often also people I introduce it to, just know is going to be amazing. This year it has been very hard to dig out these nuggets - not to mention "selling them" to fellow potential Roskilde-goers. Most of it just doesnt sound like live-experiences you would otherwise pay to see! I sense an overall "meh"-feeling among many already holding a ticket, and so I guess, very likely also among the ones still in doubt.

Around 450 tickets are selling below original price on dba atm. 1400 is lowest price - and thats been up for a couple of days.

So I fear that 17 will not sell out, which is bad for the festival on so many levels, and annoying to me, because I have a spare ticket to lose a bunch of money on... Maybe it will chance as soon as the campsite opens. I hope so!

I dont believe the Blink/Hellacopters-controversy has much to do with this. Though if ONE band can make that difference, your problem is the immediate quality of the rest of the package - not that one band cancelling.

At least perhaps there is a lesson for next year then. Dont leave the candybag open with Copenhell still in the room.


This exactly. I too dig deep into the program and can't get to the festival before friday evening. And it doesn't bother me much. Just a couple of gigs the first 2,5 days I would have seen: NAS, Red fang and hellacopters/blink182

How many tickets are they selling this year? More than last year?
(hed) wrote:
HandsDown wrote: Robo, I think you are right. Normally I am an avid Roskilde-evangelist. I dig deep in the programme and try to turn every stone, watch live performances, go beyond the five top spotify-favorites etc. (exept with the most obvious self-absorbed auto-tuned rappers - they get the knife from the get-go). Every year I find someting - old and new - that I and often also people I introduce it to, just know is going to be amazing. This year it has been very hard to dig out these nuggets - not to mention "selling them" to fellow potential Roskilde-goers. Most of it just doesnt sound like live-experiences you would otherwise pay to see! I sense an overall "meh"-feeling among many already holding a ticket, and so I guess, very likely also among the ones still in doubt.

Around 450 tickets are selling below original price on dba atm. 1400 is lowest price - and thats been up for a couple of days.

So I fear that 17 will not sell out, which is bad for the festival on so many levels, and annoying to me, because I have a spare ticket to lose a bunch of money on... Maybe it will chance as soon as the campsite opens. I hope so!

I dont believe the Blink/Hellacopters-controversy has much to do with this. Though if ONE band can make that difference, your problem is the immediate quality of the rest of the package - not that one band cancelling.

At least perhaps there is a lesson for next year then. Dont leave the candybag open with Copenhell still in the room.


This exactly. I too dig deep into the program and can't get to the festival before friday evening. And it doesn't bother me much. Just a couple of gigs the first 2,5 days I would have seen: NAS, Red fang and hellacopters/blink182

How many tickets are they selling this year? More than last year?


I was sure the festival would sell out, but not at all anymore. DBA prices are going down all the time (seen 1000 kr.!), and the currently pretty mixed weather forecast does not help. On a positive note some of my friends are considering going now, if they get a hold of a ticket at half price from someone desperate, who just wants to cut their losses.

As many of you guys I dig deep in the program each year and find stuff I like, so this year was not much different from other years and I still think Roskildes program surpasses anything in Denmark a lot. That being said, not selling out is the best evidence, that the booking team have not done a good enough job. Especially loosing Radiohead, SOAD and Jamiroquai comes to mind - With ATCQ and Blink cancelling (and getting mediocre replacements) the line-up seems stripped from wow-bookings besides Foo Fighters, and might also have send a lot of tickets back on the market.
jonathansoegaard wrote: I was sure the festival would sell out, but not at all anymore. DBA prices are going down all the time (seen 1000 kr.!), and the currently pretty mixed weather forecast does not help. On a positive note some of my friends are considering going now, if they get a hold of a ticket at half price from someone desperate, who just wants to cut their losses.

As many of you guys I dig deep in the program each year and find stuff I like, so this year was not much different from other years and I still think Roskildes program surpasses anything in Denmark a lot. That being said, not selling out is the best evidence, that the booking team have not done a good enough job. Especially loosing Radiohead, SOAD and Jamiroquai comes to mind - With ATCQ and Blink cancelling (and getting mediocre replacements) the line-up seems stripped from wow-bookings besides Foo Fighters, and might also have send a lot of tickets back on the market.


Losing track of the ball unding the post? Ice Cube got a awesome fantastic reception on facebook so no he where not a mediocre at all. And come on I know some ppl on this forum love Jamiroquai , but that they not have done shit and it will be a big flop at Smukfest.

And can we stop using the word losing about all bands not booked? Roskilde did not lose Radiohead, they never had a chance. Radiohead pick what they want. SOAD they might have lost.

A problem is that Copenhell is selling so good again and this year not to so many old ppl like last year and it is a problem that Copenhell and Roskilde is clashing again. 1 time where ok for some, I know a lot of ppl that wont to the overlap again. I would not if I had, had to pay for the festivals

But sure the bookes is missing a lot of good stuff, but we say that all year, selling out or not
56 posts Page 2 of 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron