A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
56 posts Page 4 of 4
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
Coldblooded wrote: I cannot fathom how and why NorthSide sold out. They had the weakest programme in years with only a select few headliners as tentpoles. Of those, it was kinda doubtful that he'd even turn up (Frank Ocean) and only Radiohead really delivered what was indirectly promised. Both Ocean and The Prodigy flopped.

Not going next year, even if it's kinda luxurious to have this kind of festival in my back yard.

Didt Ocean only flop in the eyes of ppl that didt know what they sign up for? And your reveiw of Prodigy is the only bad one I have seen ;)

Frank Ocean basically flopped in the eyes of everyone – even Soundvenue who are normally all the way up in his ass and are gushing with excitement with every odd fart he lets out.

I wasn't the only one disliking The Prodigy. Aarhus Stiftstidende's writer dished out a 1/6 score, citing that they were completely on auto pilot. I was so bored that if it hadn't been so loud, I might have fallen asleep. The Chemical Brothers and Underworld in the NS-programmes in the years before 2017 were both so much ahead of The Prodigy in terms of their live presence and performance.

They're a band whose sound lives mostly in Liam Howlett's hardware and is thus, ultimately, a lacklustre live experience, only slightly embellished by Keith Flint and Maxim as seemingly untirable Duracell bunny hypemen. Their two live members on drums and guitars were mostly barely audible in the mix, exuding the clear impression that they were on stage for sights and show only.
Roskilde is "sold out" tomorrow around 13.00 (or sooner).

On time, so the medias can catch the story :geek:
Sold Out.

PERFECT
ppholst wrote: Sold Out.

PERFECT

I hope this means, that the last organisations who is lacking people, will get the spots filled :-)
AmalieLeonora wrote:
ppholst wrote: Sold Out.

PERFECT

I hope this means, that the last organisations who is lacking people, will get the spots filled :-)

Yes, that's one of the important things by "sold out", and then of course the following positive marketing.
+ Better turnover
+ More people to party with :)
Does anybody remember if the 2010 festival was sold out? I recall P having huge area of free space for tents in the South.
Wallu wrote: Does anybody remember if the 2010 festival was sold out? I recall P having huge area of free space for tents in the South.

It was sold out
Ok, maybe they just overreacted to 2009´s problem where they didn´t even open up P at all and it was very tight at the camping grounds..
Well, sold out 4 days before the opening of the gates... That's better than nothing, but still worrying...
Pat. wrote: Well, sold out 4 days before the opening of the gates... That's better than nothing, but still worrying...

It is? It sold out in 07, but not in 08 an 09, sold out in 2010,11, 12 but not in 2013, but it did 2014,15,16(in record time) and 17.
When did they raise the capacity from 75.000/77:000 to 80.000 wasn´t that around 2012?
56 posts Page 4 of 4