A section for random Roskilde festival related stuff that doesn't quite fit in the above categories.
56 posts Page 1 of 4
I don't understand...the 31th of May Roskilde went public saying "almost sold out".

Normally that information comes 1-2 days before they close the sale.

Ticket sale is still running
1. Blink 182 cancelled the day before, all is still very sad and dont want to go with out the true headliner of the year.

2. Roskilde post it the 31/5, sure it is the day ppl get money, but it where also the first day of Distortion so alot of the ppl target by Roskilde have been out getting shit facede drunk and fucking up. Now they are dont, and are trying to find the money

3. And the ones not going Distortion crazy are at Heartland.

4. Copenhell poste few ticket the day before Roskilde.

So a lot of stuff have been going on. And the few tickets left post, well that number is high and not just 1000 tickets
I understand the situation, but I just think I remember that it normally means last chance (as in last chance) when they go out with the information.

I tried it in 2007. They made the call, and I thought..mnehh. The day after I couldn't buy my ticket :-(
True, I think it toke around 24hours last year, but I thing the reasons I postes is way it is diffrent this year. Distortion beeing the biggest reason
It takes a bit longer this year because the lineup is a bit different. Not unintersting, but many of the subheadliners are for a particular "niche", and those who can't miss them have already booked long ago. The undecided can take a bit longer to make their decision.

My guess is that it will be sold out by thursday this week at 11:42 UTC :)
I hope you are right regarding the "sold out" date.

It has a big marketing value, that Roskilde has sold out.
Well I was wrong by at least 24 hours.
What's the purpose of buying a ticket 6+ fucking months in advance if the festival doesn't even sell out and if I could as well show up at the gate and get my ticket on the spot ?
Come on guys, make up your mind and get your tickets for this year !
Pat. wrote: Well I was wrong by at least 24 hours.
What's the purpose of buying a ticket 6+ fucking months in advance if the festival doesn't even sell out and if I could as well show up at the gate and get my ticket on the spot ?
Come on guys, make up your mind and get your tickets for this year !

Well it is the main reason Roskilde sell out so late. PPL know they can wait. Smukfest that go a shit lineup sells out every year much fast. Why? ppl know they need to be fast. Same with wacken and other festival. I guess the rest of the dansih user her also gets spam with desperat org trying to get the voulentears, like all years it is hard to feel up before the festival is sold out.

And there is also one way to chance all of this, it is by ppl buying the ticket when they are put up for sell, but yeah atm the dont have a reason to do that
I´m glad that Roskilde doesn´t sell out as fast as Glastonbury for example. Would be hell not to get tickets just because the demand would be that fierce.
I tried to get tickets for Glastonbury a few times a few years ago, nearly impossible if you only have one person on one computer as it sells out in minutes now.
Yeah when it sells out a few weeks before at it usually does its good for the economy and people who wants to participate has plenty of time to secure their tickets.

The only problem as I see it is that all the organisations, sports clubs etc has a harder time filling up their available slots until its sold out
Because maybe some people are debating if they want to pay for a ticket, or just work to get their ticket.

But if the festival sold out around April/May maybe then it would be easier to sell the volunteer jobs.

But my take on the current situation is that with the bad weather lately, I think sone people are waiting out to see what the longer forecasts looks like before they are deciding to go.
bongo-anders wrote: Yeah when it sells out a few weeks before at it usually does its good for the economy and people who wants to participate has plenty of time to secure their tickets.

The only problem as I see it is that all the organisations, sports clubs etc has a harder time filling up their available slots until its sold out
Because maybe some people are debating if they want to pay for a ticket, or just work to get their ticket.

But if the festival sold out around April/May maybe then it would be easier to sell the volunteer jobs.

But my take on the current situation is that with the bad weather lately, I think sone people are waiting out to see what the longer forecasts looks like before they are deciding to go.

I think you are right regarding the volunteers. I think more than a few organisations has problems finding volunteers right now.

The weather, maybe..but if you really want to go, the weather is secondary.

Still, Roskilde went out 31. of May and said "almost sold out"...today it's 10. of June :?:
ppholst wrote:
bongo-anders wrote: Yeah when it sells out a few weeks before at it usually does its good for the economy and people who wants to participate has plenty of time to secure their tickets.

I think you are right regarding the volunteers. I think more than a few organisations has problems finding volunteers right now.

The weather, maybe..but if you really want to go, the weather is secondary.

Still, Roskilde went out 31. of May and said "almost sold out"...today it's 10. of June :?:

The weater meens alot. Sure for the first many sold, it dont matter, but the last ones, are often ppl that just want some fun in the summer and if you just want fun and not a roskilde4life person, rain just sux
The 13th. of June, and still not sold out.

Roskilde still needs volenteers. I have seen Roskilde advertising for free tickets to Roskilde Vagt (guards).

I don't think Roskilde will be sold out this year, it's not good for the rumor :(
ppholst wrote: The 13th. of June, and still not sold out.

Roskilde still needs volenteers. I have seen Roskilde advertising for free tickets to Roskilde Vagt (guards).

I don't think Roskilde will be sold out this year, it's not good for the rumor :(

Roskilde is 100% sure not advertising with the word free tickets. They do all they can to stop organisation to not use it (there is a big diffrent on what Roskilde needs and what the organisations working needs). And I am 99,9% sure they will sell out (of part out, 1 day tickets dunno) even want to bet on it if so :-)
56 posts Page 1 of 4