Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Cool idea, but a blot party without actual bloting can't really be called a blot party, can it?
I am not entirely sure what Blót means, I thought it meant blood and in that case I hope they don't add that part to the party.
bongo-anders wrote: I am not entirely sure what Blót means, I thought it meant blood and in that case I hope they don't add that part to the party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bl%C3%B3t
And yes - blot does come from the word blood. Wikipedia isn't entirely spot on in that description. It was a big party usually with far more than one sacrifice (sometimes even humans were scarificed), and the point was, that a huge amount of blood was a part of it.
Changed my flights last week to hit RF on Saturday night instead Monday as I was going to a wedding (not my own) but pulled out , Hope the Viking Blot party runs late as I will be arriving on site around 11 :) everything running to plan,
Mr Tuborg wrote: Changed my flights last week to hit RF on Saturday night instead Monday as I was going to a wedding (not my own) but pulled out , Hope the Viking Blot party runs late as I will be arriving on site around 11 :) everything running to plan,

Great Mr. Tuborg, my plans has also been changed from Monday to Saturday.

Puuling out from a wedding because of Roskilde, is what I call dedication
Mr Tuborg wrote: Changed my flights last week to hit RF on Saturday night instead Monday as I was going to a wedding (not my own) but pulled out , Hope the Viking Blot party runs late as I will be arriving on site around 11 :) everything running to plan,

Are you arriving 11 in the evening? I think the party is set to be from 6-12 PM.
Unfortunately I,ll be arriving at around 11 at night and will only catch the last hour or so of the Viking Blot party, when I changed my flight in the VB party had not been announced not that it would of made much difference as the prices of earlier flights in the day this close to RF were too high, On the plus side I,ll get nearly 2 days more of RF :) (will have to put on my blue warpaint on , on the train to get into the spirit of the night.
Definitely not a metal-party this one (although my guess is Svartsot - the only metalband in the lineup - will close this one with a bang)!

All but Songleikr sounds interesting to me in some way. More so than many of the bands in the official lineup actually (is that my viking heritage knocking?)

Päivi Hirvonen seems to have an amazing voice and some quirky skills on her strings. It looks to me like she is looping like Juana Molina or Tune Yards - only on a selection of violins and that voice of hers. First time for me to get exited about this genre. Roskilde in a fucking nutshell! :)

See you there!
24 posts Page 2 of 2