Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Saturday the 24th at 18:00 by the swimming like there will be a huge viking party with bonfire, Mead (mjød) and 7 viking bands.

Krauka
Virelai
Päivi Hirvonen
Soncleikr
Asynje
Sorten Muld
Svartsot


This sounds f..ing awesome
This sounds seriously awesome. Unfortunately it's the same day as the final day of Copenhell, so I won't attend, but I bet it's going to be fun! Once Again validates that Roskilde is more than the last four days.
I was planning to just pinch the tents, have one beer and go home and try to be a not too grumpy dad while waiting for wednesday to finally come. Now I might bribe some grandmother to stand in for me on the 24th. What a cool way to launch the festival! I hope this turns into a regular thing!
DukeofDK wrote: This sounds seriously awesome. Unfortunately it's the same day as the final day of Copenhell, so I won't attend, but I bet it's going to be fun! Once Again validates that Roskilde is more than the last four days.


Agree with DukeofDF sounds awesome, just dont get why they will do it the first day, where a lot of the metal fans will not be there
Cool, but as yuo said, a bit early. For the first night I would have been happy just to catch up with old campmates and get to know new ones and the neighbours. Stiil, I think I will attend this as our camp will be in J, so this is hard to miss anyway.
The metal bands are in the minority of that lineup.
bongo-anders wrote: The metal bands are in the minority of that lineup.


All the better. Diverse viking music will make the atmosphere more mediaval. At least, that´s what I think in my mind...
btw on the subject on metal bands, I´m normally not listening to metal besides Rammsted, SOAD and the likes but this Svartsot is sounding awesome.
Yes its a diverse lineup I also like Krauka and Asynje,
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: This sounds seriously awesome. Unfortunately it's the same day as the final day of Copenhell, so I won't attend, but I bet it's going to be fun! Once Again validates that Roskilde is more than the last four days.


Agree with DukeofDF sounds awesome, just dont get why they will do it the first day, where a lot of the metal fans will not be there

1: It is not a metal-fest as such
2: Starting up the party with a huge bang from get-go seems like a great idea to me (warm up begins the day after)
3: Having the party while many are attending other festivals = crowd control (+maybe a little fuck you to shoehorning competitors - I know at least two Copenhell-goers now strongly considering ditching saturday for this)
HandsDown wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: This sounds seriously awesome. Unfortunately it's the same day as the final day of Copenhell, so I won't attend, but I bet it's going to be fun! Once Again validates that Roskilde is more than the last four days.


Agree with DukeofDF sounds awesome, just dont get why they will do it the first day, where a lot of the metal fans will not be there

1: It is not a metal-fest as such
2: Starting up the party with a huge bang from get-go seems like a great idea to me (warm up begins the day after)
3: Having the party while many are attending other festivals = crowd control (+maybe a little fuck you to shoehorning competitors - I know at least two Copenhell-goers now strongly considering ditching saturday for this)



Agreed, it's a smart move putting it on the first day, especially since many (like your friends) might consider going earlier. Copenhell chose to move the festival to this particular weekend, so it's their own fault (and yes yes, I know why they moved the date etc.). If I didn't have work on Copenhell I might even have considered doing this (especially considering Slayer and Opeth have played in Denmark how many times?)
Cool initiative, although I don't know any of the bands). It's a little to soon after the campings opening though. I guess a lot of people will still be setting up their camp or queueing up for the cashless card or food.
My plan has changed.

I had planned to arrive at Roskilde Monday evening after work.

Now I will have to go to Roskilde Saturday and Sunday, and then work from the office in Copenhagen Monday, before returning to the Festival.

Sorry boss, if I'm not 100% clear Monday :D
HandsDown wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
DukeofDK wrote: This sounds seriously awesome. Unfortunately it's the same day as the final day of Copenhell, so I won't attend, but I bet it's going to be fun! Once Again validates that Roskilde is more than the last four days.


Agree with DukeofDF sounds awesome, just dont get why they will do it the first day, where a lot of the metal fans will not be there

1: It is not a metal-fest as such
2: Starting up the party with a huge bang from get-go seems like a great idea to me (warm up begins the day after)
3: Having the party while many are attending other festivals = crowd control (+maybe a little fuck you to shoehorning competitors - I know at least two Copenhell-goers now strongly considering ditching saturday for this)


Well the metal site I work for got the info pre-hand, just like we do with metal names ect. so they see it as atleast part as metal fest
Now I have heard all 7 announcements.

Svartsot is the only metal band of these bands. And they are good.

I have never heard Sorten Muld live, but have often wanted it.

Asynje, Virelai, Songleikr and Karuka, are going to be very good.

Paivi Hirvonen is the only one who doesn't fit into my ears.
24 posts Page 1 of 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests