Did you meet a special someone at Roskilde festival, but threw away the phone number? Do you need a ride share?
49 posts Page 1 of 4
Since 1999 there has been a 'chat meet' at Roskilde festival with people from the (now long gone) IRC channel and forum users, just before the start of the full music program.

This year we will again come together and everyone from the forum is obviously invited :love:

When:
Wednesday the 28th of June, starting at 13:00 until around 17:00 (the first bands start after 17:00)

Where:
West camping area, just over the bridge. Either somewhere in on the field or at the agora tent of camping E (Clean-out-Loud) if it's rainy or very sunny & hot so we can get some cover.

Look for the large orange flag with "#roskilde":

What:
The regulars and lurkers from this forum and other Roskilde related chats and social media groups come together, share a beer (many beers) and, more importantly, share great stories :D

We'll gather around 13:00, buy some boxes of beer and some snacks and start chatting away about our experiences so far this year, expectations about the bands, past experiences etc.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/227703251067176/
I really gonna try to be there this year, last year me and my brother was hidding in Roskilde city during the rain do we couldn't make it and the other years I have been working at the train station during the meeting.

But this year I will really try to be there if I'm not to shy, I'm going alone so I don't have backup :D
bongo-anders wrote: I really gonna try to be there this year, last year me and my brother was hidding in Roskilde city during the rain do we couldn't make it and the other years I have been working at the train station during the meeting.

But this year I will really try to be there if I'm not to shy, I'm going alone so I don't have backup :D

Don't be shy....we will all be your backup (Orange feeling)
I´ll try to make it this year too...
Wallu wrote: I´ll try to make it this year too...

You have to Wallu.

I owe you a beer, I don't remember why....maybe because you made me aware of Vanishing Twins?
ppholst wrote:

You have to Wallu.

I owe you a beer, I don't remember why....maybe because you made me aware of Vanishing Twins?

YES!!! Everyone should give me beer for that... :)

Really no need for a prize when distributing knowledge of great music. :)
Wallu wrote:
ppholst wrote:

You have to Wallu.

YES!!! Everyone should give me beer for that... :)

Really no need for a prize when distributing knowledge of great music. :)

Agree, but the beer is not a prize...it's survival and orange feeling
Agreed, that´s orange feeling. I´ll come if I survive that long after drinking like a finn for four days.

(God damned, I´m not going to make it through the festival anymore... Feeling too old.) :bang: :bang: :bang: :D :D :D
Wallu wrote: Agreed, that´s orange feeling. I´ll come if I survive that long after drinking like a finn for four days.

(God damned, I´m not going to make it through the festival anymore... Feeling too old.) :bang: :bang: :bang: :D :D :D

I'm not feeling too old, I know I am :D

The last 3-4 years my festival has started Monday or Tuesday, due to this knowledge. This year this plan has been destroyed by the Viking Party...thanks for nothing Roskilde, 8 days at Roskilde will tare my body apart for 2 weeks (at least) after Roskilde
Last year we sat at the Agora tent and more or less joined the "100 Minutes until opening - 100 songs - 100 sips of beer" event, which was nice. Because of that, we kinda forgot to keep our eyes open for new guests, though. :-)

Not sure if I can join the chatmeet this year, since it still is not sure if I can start my trip to RF before Wednesday afternoon. Will try hard to make it happen!
But, but, what about the Croq? :cry:
Have you found the Croq? I thought it was stolen in 2015?
I just want Wallu to drink of the LEG ;-)
I`ll bring my crock then.
49 posts Page 1 of 4