Present your camp or share camp experiences.
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Hmm the advice isn't so consistent, Saturday morning a few hours before should be fine but AmalieLeonora is going over 24 hours earlier than that?!
Are you going that early because you enjoy the queue or because you genuinely think you need to go that early?
Earliest we can line up is 3am Friday night / Saturday morning, but I would love to know I can wait until about 11am and still get a spot easily.
flaghunter wrote: Hmm the advice isn't so consistent, Saturday morning a few hours before should be fine but AmalieLeonora is going over 24 hours earlier than that?!
Are you going that early because you enjoy the queue or because you genuinely think you need to go that early?
Earliest we can line up is 3am Friday night / Saturday morning, but I would love to know I can wait until about 11am and still get a spot easily.

It is never easy with C - C is for Crazy young guns
It's hard to predict really.

4 years ago we arrived friday night (or was saturday night as it was before they moved the festival I think) and we got a decent spot for our camp, but I didn't run so I don't really know how bad it was
3 years ago we arrived friday night, but had friends queuing since friday morning (i think) and got a very good spot for our camp
2 years ago we arrived friday morning, and got a good spot, but it was very chaotic due to the ones being responsible for the opening not doing a very good job
Last year we arrived thursday evening and got a great spot, we were more or less among the first inside and could choose as we wanted
This year we are arriving sporadically with the first coming thursday night and the rest throughout friday and saturday, and expect to find a spot easily as last year.

Either ways I think you will be fine with 2 tents. The west entrance wasn't even sold out yesterday so I imagine there is a shift towards east and the new camping grounds in front of Arena. But this is all speculation and guesswork.

We're going early partially because it's fun and partially because we are a big camp - 19 people in what I would guess is around 11 tents. I don't think we would be able to find a spot if we didn't come early to get up front.
It's very simple really. If you want to have the best spot, no matter how large your camp is, you have to be with the first people in the queue.
If you have a very large camp and want to camp together. You have to be in the front part of the queue.
If you have a small camp, lets say 3, 4 tents and a pavilion, you have to be at anywhere in the queue.
If you have only one or two small tents you ideally want to be in the queue as well but you will eventually find some place anyway.
flaghunter wrote: Hmm the advice isn't so consistent, Saturday morning a few hours before should be fine but AmalieLeonora is going over 24 hours earlier than that?!

We know how quick the C area fills up, and even though we are a quite small camp, our tents are big.

One year, we arrived in the queue on the openening day, around 10:00 in the morning. We did not find a spot, and had to go all the way to P (East). We won't let that happen Again - C is the place for us :D

Better safe than sorry :P
http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... er/6717791

It is on danish, but Roskilde are sending ppl queing away. Hope this will do that ppl stop fucking showing up at this time
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt/kaos-foer-roskilde-festival-i-fjerner-os-ikke-roevhuller/6717791

It is on danish, but Roskilde are sending ppl queing away. Hope this will do that ppl stop fucking showing up at this time

Agreed. Very stupid tendency.
jonathansoegaard wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt/kaos-foer-roskilde-festival-i-fjerner-os-ikke-roevhuller/6717791

And the ppl in the video... dam they dont sound very smart
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:

I agree, that the people involved in this whole thing, doesn't seem very smart. Both in this video, and in the raging comments on Facebook. Their attitude def. won't help the Whole situation.

However, I don't understand why Roskilde Festival hasn't officially announced the consequences of showing up earlier than Friday at 16:00.
It's kinda a tradition to queue a few days for alot of people - they know that.

Of course Roskilde sets the rules, and decide when they will allow people to stay in or outside the waiting areas, but it can't come as a surprise for them, that alot of people show up early.

I know they announced the opening time of the waiting areas, but the exact same thing has been announced every other year I have been a part of the festival.
AmalieLeonora wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:

I agree, that the people involved in this whole thing, doesn't seem very smart. Both in this video, and in the raging comments on Facebook. Their attitude def. won't help the Whole situation.

However, I don't understand why Roskilde Festival hasn't officially announced the consequences of showing up earlier than Friday at 16:00.

Of course Roskilde sets the rules, and decide when they will allow people to stay in or outside the waiting areas, but it can't come as a surprise for them, that alot of people show up early.

I know they announced the opening time of the waiting areas, but the exact same thing has been announced every other year I have been a part of the festival.

And it is not the first time ppl have been send away. Looks like there is a lot of ppl this year, might be to many? And I dont realy care if ppl have done it before, showing up 3 days before a party start is just never ok. Can´t be Roskilde job to tell ppl they are not allowed to show up before it open, that is kiend of the rule in the world.
AmalieLeonora wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:

And it is not the first time ppl have been send away. Looks like there is a lot of ppl this year, might be to many? And I dont realy care if ppl have done it before, showing up 3 days before a party start is just never ok. Can´t be Roskilde job to tell ppl they are not allowed to show up before it open, that is kiend of the rule in the world.

Agree, but if you are 18 years young in 2017, many have been raised to think that they makes the rules of the world....said the old grumpy man
ppholst wrote:
AmalieLeonora wrote:
jonathansoegaard wrote:

Agree, but if you are 18 years young in 2017, many have been raised to think that they makes the rules of the world....said the old grumpy man

It's not like they are trespassing or breaking any rules in that way.

I just think, that if the whole waiting-in-line-to-get-in-line, is that big a problem that they feel the need to throw people away, confiscate their stereos and call the police, maybe they should have set up some clearer guidelines.

Some people got to stay, others got thrown away depending on being in the East queue and the West queue. I think that is a very unlcear message to send. Either throw people away, and make it clear, that this is not a thing that will be happening - or, let the exvited quests wait in peace as usual.

also,I don't recall the waiting part, being an issue the last 5 years I have been.

If Roskilde wants the whole queue before the openening thing to end - then they should also make sure to make the proper statement about the rules and consequences regarding :-)
They are trespassing. They are on ground Roskilde have they right to use and they have not been allowed to be there.

And sure Roskilde can be nice and write out. But it can never be there problem. Every fucking year they write at some point dont come so early we are not ready and ppl just says fuck that. And then the idiot is saying "they" are takeing it from us, come on "They" are Roskilde, with out them no festival. Go home
What's the best tactic during the big run? How long does it take? We want to stay in C82 roughly.
We are just 2, should one sprint and claim the space and the other trek behind lugging everything with him?
Will people respect that he's saving space for me while I'm walking?
And will phone network work to help find each other?
One thing is for sure...phone network will work
30 posts Page 2 of 2