Present your camp or share camp experiences.
30 posts Page 1 of 2
We want to stay in camp C and just need to pitch 2 tents.
How late can we leave it to get in the line on Saturday morning to ensure we will find space easily?
I guess that as long as you are inside the waiting area at West before 16:00 you should be fine.
Play it safe and get there around 12:00. Last year there was a massive line to get into the waiting areas themselves (at least at the South area) and the last hour our so before the gates opening at 16:00 people start to get a little anxious and all stand up to move close to the front.
B. , do you know if at entrance south there was/is an extra queue for the S+C pre access? If so, what do you think, when should one queue there based on last year's experience?
If I were you, I would join the queue tomorrow morning, just to be sure...
Axel wrote: B. , do you know if at entrance south there was/is an extra queue for the S+C pre access? If so, what do you think, when should one queue there based on last year's experience?

I don't have any insight on how it will be organised this year but last year was the first time with the Silent & Clean pre-booking (well actually they did something similar a few years before) and also that they already gave you the temporary wristband when you entered the queue (and not when the gates opened at 16:00).
This resulted in a very long line outside of the waiting area as the ticket check happened at the queue entry.
For S&C there was an additional wait after the 16:00 opening at the entrance of J camping itself.

I suspect, since there will be a separate, queue at South for S&C pre-booking, they will give you the temp wristband and the wristband for S&C pre-access at the waiting area already and at 16:00 you can move straight in without any more additional queueing.

So taking into account that there probably will be a line again to get into the waiting areas, I would say try to be there at 13:00-14:00 at the latest.
Pat. wrote: If I were you, I would join the queue tomorrow morning, just to be sure...

Seriously?! :o

we are planning to arrive early friday morning - I thought that would be alright.
We are a camp of 7 people, hoping to camp in the C area :roll:
AmalieLeonora wrote:
Pat. wrote: If I were you, I would join the queue tomorrow morning, just to be sure...

we are planning to arrive early friday morning - I thought that would be alright.

You will be more then fine
AmalieLeonora wrote:

Take it easy guys/girls, it's not a war. 7 people = 2-3 tents shouldn't be a problem arriving late Friday.
ppholst wrote:
AmalieLeonora wrote:

Take it easy guys/girls, it's not a war. 7 people = 2-3 tents shouldn't be a problem arriving late Friday.

That's not true - it is very similar to war :lol:
I've done "the run" a couple of times now, and I'm so nervous every time..

I'm sticking to the plan, and arrive the waiting people on friday morning then :-)
AmalieLeonora wrote:
ppholst wrote:
AmalieLeonora wrote:

That's not true - it is very similar to war :lol:
I've done "the run" a couple of times now, and I'm so nervous every time..

I'm sticking to the plan, and arrive the waiting people on friday morning then :-)

You're right AmalieLeonora, it is a kind of war :D

I have just forgotten. After I have moved to Jutland, it's my camp friends from Copenhagen who has got the task of pitching tents. I arrive when the camp is settled :D
Saw a video on the facebook message board on the Roskilde site yesterday that there were already people queing. That is quite hardcore. The earliest I ever arrived was on the Thursday, and then I was so fucking exhausted the last days I entered complete Zombie-mode.
Sjabba212 wrote: Saw a video on the facebook message board on the Roskilde site yesterday that there were already people queing. That is quite hardcore. The earliest I ever arrived was on the Thursday, and then I was so fucking exhausted the last days I entered complete Zombie-mode.

Queing already, insanely hardcore... I thought I was dedicated to Roskilde
Sjabba212 wrote: Saw a video on the facebook message board on the Roskilde site yesterday that there were already people queing. That is quite hardcore. The earliest I ever arrived was on the Thursday, and then I was so fucking exhausted the last days I entered complete Zombie-mode.

Where did you see that?? Normally I think, Roskilde post a picture when the first hardcore people arrive in the waitingarea, but I seem to have missed the post this year, and I can't find it :idea:

I sure hope, that the rain thursday, will make sure alot of people will wait until friday/saturday before arriving in the
queue. :D
AmalieLeonora wrote:

Where did you see that?? Normally I think, Roskilde post a picture when the first hardcore people arrive in the waitingarea, but I seem to have missed the post this year, and I can't find it :idea:

I sure hope, that the rain thursday, will make sure alot of people will wait until friday/saturday before arriving in the

It's under "posts by visitors" on the official roskilde page.
RalaksJJ wrote:
AmalieLeonora wrote:

It's under "posts by visitors" on the official roskilde page.

https://www.facebook.com/Rabarberpigen/ ... =2&theater

Found it! :shock:
30 posts Page 1 of 2