Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
111 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
Yes, Patton hasn´t been in the festival since 2009.

As for NIN, I must rather have the Smashing Pumpkins re-union. Sorry to say, but NIN is quite bad teen-angst band :)
Wallu wrote: As for NIN, I must rather have the Smashing Pumpkins re-union. Sorry to say, but NIN is quite bad teen-angst band :)

Hehe... I know a host of full grown - some may even say "mature" - people who would beg to differ ;)
(But why cant we just get both???)
Wallu wrote: Yes, Patton hasn´t been in the festival since 2009.

As for NIN, I must rather have the Smashing Pumpkins re-union. Sorry to say, but NIN is quite bad teen-angst band :)

And SP isn't super teen-angsty?

Sorry, I refuse to believe that Corgan is able to get his shit together, less alone the band, before I see it in person.

The past decade's different incarnations of SP have all disappointed me massively, live as well as in recorded form. 'Zeitgeist' was utter, unbridled poop, 'Oceania' mediocre at best, and 'Monuments to an Elegy' insincere wank. He even abandoned the promised second album that was to follow that one just a couple of months after completely.

I'm a huge SP fan and would've given my left testicle to have seen them in their prime, but let's get real: Nothing they've done since their heyday from 1990-2000 has been really good. Even Zwan was better.

In contrast, NIN has consistently released quality stuff both before and after their hiatus. You might not like their style, just like all "angsty" bands aren't to everyone's liking, but they've managed to garner solid reviews all across the board in contrast to Corgan's outfit. And Trent has actually got a proper, functioning band to back him up.
Coldblooded wrote:
Wallu wrote: Yes, Patton hasn´t been in the festival since 2009.

And SP isn't super teen-angsty?

Sorry, I refuse to believe that Corgan is able to get his shit together, less alone the band, before I see it in person.

The past decade's different incarnations of SP have all disappointed me massively, live as well as in recorded form. 'Zeitgeist' was utter, unbridled poop, 'Oceania' mediocre at best, and 'Monuments to an Elegy' insincere wank. He even abandoned the promised second album that was to follow that one just a couple of months after completely.

I'm a huge SP fan and would've given my left testicle to have seen them in their prime, but let's get real: Nothing they've done since their heyday from 1990-2000 has been really good. Even Zwan was better.

In contrast, NIN has consistently released quality stuff both before and after their hiatus. You might not like their style, just like all "angsty" bands aren't to everyone's liking, but they've managed to garner solid reviews all across the board in contrast to Corgan's outfit. And Trent has actually got a proper, functioning band to back him up.

I guess Corgan have more fun running Wrestling
Not exactly headliner material but Nightwish are playing norway rock festival 6-7.july 2018. So they might hit Roskilde as well. Might attract a couple of "however you describe the typical Nightwish fan"s.
(hed) wrote: Not exactly headliner material but Nightwish are playing norway rock festival 6-7.july 2018. So they might hit Roskilde as well. Might attract a couple of "however you describe the typical Nightwish fan"s.

I think Copenhell will go hard for it. But if they play Roskilde they will be a subheadliner for sure and again if Solange can headline, then Nightwish also have the chance
When do they start announcing?
27.10.16 where the date we got the first names for the 17 festival
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: 27.10.16 where the date we got the first names for the 17 festival

Is Ed Sheeran the best guess for the first big name?
Helbob wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: 27.10.16 where the date we got the first names for the 17 festival

Is Ed Sheeran the best guess for the first big name?

Oh, please no...
This is something for Wallu :D

Apparently he doesn´t do festivals, but maybe they just say this until he is announced for Roskilde, Tinderbox etc.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... ns/6801649
bongo-anders wrote: This is something for Wallu :D

Apparently he doesn´t do festivals, but maybe they just say this until he is announced for Roskilde, Tinderbox etc.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/musik/dkmusiknyt ... ns/6801649

Thank you! Feel better already... :D
What about Pink? Don't think she ever played RF and has only started her tour this year after RF was over. So maybe a late tour gig for RF next year?
A saw her a few years ago as a festival exclusive at Pinkpop while she was in the middle of her own stadium tour. She took as much as she could from her tour production to the festival (a rig so she could 'fly' over the audience and some other stuff) and it was a great performance.
I guess she could easily headline Orange and be a great success.
Beck will have new stuff out later this year. Its been quite long since he was at RF last, so my guess is he'll be in play. Also he played the other large danish festivals not long ago, so RF probably wont have much competition...
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 3 of 8