Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
101 posts Page 6 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
bongo-anders wrote: Its probably a long shot but the Streets is on a small reunion tour.

https://www.google.dk/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... source=dam

greatest hits tours are great for people like me, who don't really know the Streets that well, but like some of their stuff.
(hed) wrote:
bongo-anders wrote: Its probably a long shot but the Streets is on a small reunion tour.

https://www.google.dk/amp/amp.timeinc.n ... source=dam

greatest hits tours are great for people like me, who don't really know the Streets that well, but like some of their stuff.

I fall into the same category as you, but I don´t see Roskilde booking them if it´s only a "greatest hits"-tour without new material.
We need this in Roskilde. A collaboration with Kimmo Pohjonen (world´s greatest accordian player, has played Roskilde twice I think) and the greatest artist ever in music business Ismo Alanko (very versitile guy from punk rock to classical arrangements). Artsy but very interresting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... sem9FExHCA

And bring Ural Pop with them while you´re at it...
ppholst wrote:
Helbob wrote: So Nephew are back together. They just announced two concerts next year in october and they are making some new music to. Could they be the danish headliner?

They could, but I would prefer Gangway, who makes a new record in 2018.

Gangway man! Now that would make a must-see for me! :)
HandsDown wrote:
ppholst wrote:
Helbob wrote: So Nephew are back together. They just announced two concerts next year in october and they are making some new music to. Could they be the danish headliner?

They could, but I would prefer Gangway, who makes a new record in 2018.

Gangway man! Now that would make a must-see for me! :)

Yep, high quality pop music (said the rock man) :D
Jay-Z is doing an unusually large amount of press in Europe, here months after the release of his latest album. He should be up to something! And given that the album is excellent, he has rarely been more relevant than right now! Would be an obvious booking.

And I guess that the really big names are already out of the picture with NorthSide, because of them already releasing the big ones, so a festival-appearance should be a fight between Tinderbox and Roskilde
The festival is getting more active on facebook so I guess we might see the first batch of names this month already...
Already? I'm dying over here. Give me some names :D
Wallu wrote: The festival is getting more active on facebook so I guess we might see the first batch of names this month already...

thinking the same thing. probably the name that was booked for 18 in 16 or 17.

I Like Turtles wrote: Jay-Z is doing an unusually large amount of press in Europe, here months after the release of his latest album. He should be up to something! And given that the album is excellent, he has rarely been more relevant than right now! Would be an obvious booking.

And I guess that the really big names are already out of the picture with NorthSide, because of them already releasing the big ones, so a festival-appearance should be a fight between Tinderbox and Roskilde

Going out on a limb here, but how about the early booking being Beyonce, now adding Jay-Z to the mix as well?
Would be a huge booking, and because most genre focused festivals in Europe don't focus on rap, there should be less competition getting hip hop / rnb acts. On the downside: that should be like 1/4 of the booking budget.
I agree that the first couple of names will drop soon. Im thinking a big name to please a lot of people, but I dont think that they will announce the booking they made before 16 or 17. If that act is so big (like Beyonce big) they will announce that act solo like FF or The Weeknd last year.

My guess as the first headliner would be The War on drugs. A band with new album they can put on the top of the poster and give them a orange slot next year.
War On Drugs isn´t a bad bet on the first announcement. Then Björk with solo announcement.
Helbob wrote: I agree that the first couple of names will drop soon. Im thinking a big name to please a lot of people, but I dont think that they will announce the booking they made before 16 or 17. If that act is so big (like Beyonce big) they will announce that act solo like FF or The Weeknd last year.

My guess as the first headliner would be The War on drugs. A band with new album they can put on the top of the poster and give them a orange slot next year.

Starting with a very weak headliner? hope not
Went to see Nick Cave in Oslo yesterday, and it was truly amazing! Would love to see him booked again, still really energetic and in touch with the crowd. Not sure if Orange would suit him though, and Green is probably a bit small. So that could be a dilemma.

Would love to see War on drugs on the poster as well, they could probably pull of a great show at Orange. But I do agree that they miss the wow-factor that you want for the kick off of bands.

My guess for first name out would be Jay-Z or Eminem maybe.
Sjabba212 wrote: Went to see Nick Cave in Oslo yesterday, and it was truly amazing! Would love to see him booked again, still really energetic and in touch with the crowd. Not sure if Orange would suit him though, and Green is probably a bit small. So that could be a dilemma.

Would love to see War on drugs on the poster as well, they could probably pull of a great show at Orange. But I do agree that they miss the wow-factor that you want for the kick off of bands.

My guess for first name out would be Jay-Z or Eminem maybe.

I could see The War on Drugs in the sun during the afternoon at Orange. However, they probably won't be announced as the first headline (if they play), seeing as they're playing two shows in Copenhagen in late November. First show is sold out, second is close to (5000-6500 capacity at each show depending on the setup, so the band definitely has an audience here in Denmark).

Glad to hear about the Nick Cave show, seeing the band in Copenhagen on Friday :D
Eminem would be awesome, but Jay-Z would also be a gigantic first name, so here's to hoping!
So, Bruno Mars headlining British Summer Time on July 14th. Possible pop-headliner for Roskilde, or better suited for Tinderbox? Khalid, too, will be playing BST.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
101 posts Page 6 of 7