Discuss the current and past Roskilde festival lineup and announcements.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Did anybody see the Priests and were they any good?
BCUC?
Wallu wrote: Did anybody see the Priests and were they any good?

Priests were quite alright!

Not the tightest band in the world by any parameter, quite the opposite actually, but the lead singer has charisma like a firebrand and really carried the show on her hands and feet. She's the real deal.

They're visiting EU again in October, hitting Denmark on the 27th and 28th.
Coldblooded wrote:
Wallu wrote: Did anybody see the Priests and were they any good?

Priests were quite alright!

Not the tightest band in the world by any parameter, quite the opposite actually, but the lead singer has charisma like a firebrand and really carried the show on her hands and feet. She's the real deal.

They're visiting EU again in October, hitting Denmark on the 27th and 28th.

Damned, they were quite high on my list, but I was tired and decided to go straight to Romperayo. Hopefully they´ll come to Finland too on October.
Wallu wrote: BCUC?

I saw BCUC and I thought it was amazing. The front guy was a true preacher, preaching for more equality in the townships of South Africa. The atmosphere was very intense and I swallowed it whole.

Disclaimer: I was pleasantly drunk as well.

You can catch a video of the concert here: http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/radi ... e-100.html
Toxoman wrote:
Wallu wrote: BCUC?

I saw BCUC and I thought it was amazing. The front guy was a true preacher, preaching for more equality in the townships of South Africa. The atmosphere was very intense and I swallowed it whole.

Disclaimer: I was pleasantly drunk as well.

You can catch a video of the concert here: http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/radi ... e-100.html

Damned, part 2. Always hard to hear you´re missing out a party. (Well, I got to participate in a few this year, can´t really complain.) Great shaman types of vibes on that video.
What about Moon Duo? Really wanted to see them, but was too much into Den Sorte Skole to leave.

My biggest regret this year were not being able to see both of those
RalaksJJ wrote: What about Moon Duo? Really wanted to see them, but was too much into Den Sorte Skole to leave.

Moon Duo are great live. Didn't catch them, but have seen them previously at Copenhagen Psych Fest. Biggest problem was the very late slot they got. I find it hard to stay focused on ten minute two-chord drone songs at that late hour...
Coldblooded wrote:
RalaksJJ wrote: What about Moon Duo? Really wanted to see them, but was too much into Den Sorte Skole to leave.

Moon Duo are great live. Didn't catch them, but have seen them previously at Copenhagen Psych Fest. Biggest problem was the very late slot they got. I find it hard to stay focused on ten minute two-chord drone songs at that late hour...

Yeah, the same for me. I too had seen them before Roskilde and missed them this time. Great live band!
9 posts Page 1 of 1