Rumours of bands playing at Roskilde festival are always circulating, sometimes they are true, sometimes not. All discussions of non-confirmed artists also take place in this category.
27 posts Page 1 of 2
Heartland just put out the first name: The The
Could have been a nice legendary booking at Roskilde, but it fits very well with Heartland. If they pull more interesting stuff I might have to go check this festival out :)
Northside will announce the first acts tomorrow.
Well done, great booking. Excited to see what else they'll pull out of the hat.

Northside tomorrow is also exciting, whatever they book we won't see at RF18 (DK bands aside).
If my fears are confirmed, Northside will keel more and more over to the Tinderbox-minus-the-EDM wayside. 2017's programme started out strong and became more and more disappointing as the festival inched closer. It would take an all killer no filler lineup to get me to Northside again, even if it's taking place in my backyard.

The The is a quite okay booking for Heartland. Next year's Eddie Vedder, I guess, even if he was a disappointment to most visitors I spoke to afterwards.
If Northside begins to look much like Tinderbox I see it as good news for Roskilde.
Queens of the Stone Age, The National, Father John Misty, Cigarettes After Sex and Deerhunter to NorthSide
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Queens of the Stone Age, The National, Father John Misty, Cigarettes After Sex and Deerhunter to NorthSide

I would have been surprised to see any of the first three at RF18. And almost as surprised to NOT see QOTSA and/or The National in the NS-lineup...

It looks a bit like a repetition of NS 2014 though. But in terms of stadium-sized rockbands, I guess you grab whats around...
Roskilde missed the opportunity to book Cigarrettes After Sex for many years, they were around last year for example... So a bit disappointed with that. OOtherwise I would have loved to see Deerhunter and why not Queens of the Stone Age As well (I like them much more today than a couple of years ago).
HandsDown wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote: Queens of the Stone Age, The National, Father John Misty, Cigarettes After Sex and Deerhunter to NorthSide

I would have been surprised to see any of the first three at RF18. And almost as surprised to NOT see QOTSA and/or The National in the NS-lineup...

It looks a bit like a repetition of NS 2014 though. But in terms of stadium-sized rockbands, I guess you grab whats around...

The Nationals go on tour with the Danish festivals, Northside where lucky to get them with a new album this time. Will sell good for few money, sure Roskilde where in the race (the bookers seems to like them)

I guess QOTSA made a dobble deal with the TAP1 and NS show. Again I am sure Roskilde would had love to have them with a new album and first show in 4 year in Denmark. But the dobble deal I am sure is good for QOTSA
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
HandsDown wrote:

The Nationals go on tour with the Danish festivals, Northside where lucky to get them with a new album this time. Will sell good for few money, sure Roskilde where in the race (the bookers seems to like them)

I guess QOTSA made a dobble deal with the TAP1 and NS show. Again I am sure Roskilde would had love to have them with a new album and first show in 4 year in Denmark. But the dobble deal I am sure is good for QOTSA

The National just created a whole festival (HAVEN) as partners with Beatbox, so their collaboration, I guess, is quite tightly knit. So no, luck has very little to do with that booking, I think!

And yeah, that TAP1 QOTSA-show is very likely connected to NS...
HandsDown wrote:
Martin Horn Pedersen wrote:
HandsDown wrote:

The National just created a whole festival (HAVEN) as partners with Beatbox, so their collaboration, I guess, is quite tightly knit. So no, luck has very little to do with that booking, I think!

And yeah, that TAP1 QOTSA-show is very likely connected to NS...

The luck part where only to the part about having a new album. National player her all the times, some times festivals get them with a new album, other times not
QotSA + National both played RF13 and Northside 2014. Would've thought they'd give Tinderbox a co-headlining shot, too ;)

Kidding aside, all names are great bookings that I'd like to see, but nothing I'm sour to miss at next year's Roskilde Festival due to the headliners' frequent or imminent visits. Cigarettes After Sex, too, are playing Copenhagen in less than two months.
As a Queens of the stoneage fan who missed out of a ticket for the sold out Tap2 concert, it woiuld have been a great start for the 2018 booking for me. Especially since they were my best concert at RF in 2013.
The rest doesn't interest me that much.
I love All the bands announced for Northside, but we know how roskilde works.

QOTSA 2007-2013
The National 2007-2010-2013
Father John Misty 2015-2017
Deerhunter 2014

I guess that even with new albums, they want to try something new, That's why missing cigarettes after sex in 2017 and 2018 is the real shame.

Let's see how they do things. Maybe they'll book prophets of rage now they are releasing their debut album (as this year they played copenhell.....)
27 posts Page 1 of 2